2/22/18

Make New Friends But Keep The Old


Make New Friends
But Keep The Old
One Is Silver
And The Other Is Gold


Any Girl Scouts out there that remember that song?

 

We had a heck of a snow fall last night.  By the time 5am rolled around, the motoring public in the Treasure Valley had woken up and several crashes started to come into the dispatch center.  It was a busy last hour of my shift and I held over a little bit until my relief was fully staffed.

I had plans to meet a new friend from my WW meeting on Monday nights.  We had been connecting through FB and wanted to sit down for a visit over coffee.  She invited me to her house so I could also meet her husband, a retired officer with the Nevada Highway Patrol.  I had first thought to cancel with all the snowfall accumulation and that it was still coming down.  I decided to send a text to ask to postpone if the roads were not improved when I woke up.

I am so glad I didn’t postpone or have to cancel.  I had the loveliest visit this afternoon.  I am actually sad it was so short and I looking forward to another visit soon.  We clicked so well.  I really enjoyed meeting her husband and loved hearing about their European travels. 

It is so wonderful to make new friends.

No comments: