2/28/18

The Worst Four Letter Word In The English Language


S N O W
It’s coming…
When you work as a police dispatcher, as well as any other first responder type of job, you don’t enjoy snow.  Snow means slick roads, stupid drivers, and a very busy shift.  Thankfully the snow isn’t going to start falling until midnight but come 6am quitting time/commuter time, it is going to get crazy in here.  I’m going to gamble on 5am as the start of our crashes.
I loaded up my snow boots, hat, gloves, and scarf before leaving the house because if it starts falling at midnight, I’ll have to dig out before I leave work.  I am only halfway through my work week and I think we are expected to get snow on Friday too.  Doh!
I’ve coordinate some field trips four our night shift to visit other dispatch centers in the area.  Hopefully the weather cooperates and we don’t have to reschedule.  I am glad Kenyon and I pushed back our drive to New Mexico later in March.  I’m feeling like although we have had a mild winter, we are about to see the worst of it.  Considering a year ago we had seem more snowfall since 30 years, we are still better off.  But, I would have preferred to skip winter all together.  I’m not a cold weather gal and I’d love to live in a state where you never saw the white stuff.
Alas, that we can do is be prepared.  I can say that I am but I’m pretty sure the motoring public isn’t.

No comments: