2/18/18

Feeling Run Down & Highly Emotional

It was a rough day at work yesterday. I was working a four our OT shift and it was crazy. We had several emergency events, two happening at the exact same time and that happened twice. So, needless to say, it made for very busy four hours. I was a bit bummed out when I left work feeling like I was leaving my officers hanging even thought I was trying so hard to stay caught up with all the chaos. My supervisor DeLisa called me after one of my coworkers called her to check in on me. That was so very nice of them. DeLisa is on vacation seeing her new grandbaby as well as the first born grandbaby too. It sure does make you feel supported to have those you work with check in on you.

Yesterday was a combonation of fighting this blasted cold and feeling rundown from little sleep. I was highly emotional and could have done major damage in the points department. Lucky, I had planned ahead and when I went to Fred Meyer earlier in the day to pick up my prescription, I also picked up some Smart Ones microwave meals and a pint of Halo Top Red Velvet ice cream. That way I would be all set at home and not tempted to eat out after my OT shift. I am so glad I planned ahead because I was exhausted and feeling bad. I ended up earning a blue dot for my day yesterday.

I'm feeling better today. I've slept well and as far as work is concerned, I can't do anything to change the outcome. Bottom line is our troopers are all okay and this isn't a reflection on my daily performance by any means. I'm looking forward to having the rest of today off as well as tomorrow too. I've got my WW meeting tomorrow and I am hopeful for a loss. It has been a great week of tracking and food. You never know what will happen when you are under the weather but I am still hoping to see a success. I need something for the month of February!


I'll check in about WI tomorrow evening.

No comments: