2/6/18

When You Need A Tiny Pep Talk


Over the past few days, I’ve been feeling my resolve to eat healthy starting to wean.  It is a combination of needing to shake up my meals as well as trying to get by with the food I have and prolong a grocery store trip.
Last Saturday was the first day I relaxed a bit.  I didn’t feel like tracking per se and/or wanted to eat something other than my planned and usual meals.  I also had a house warming party to attend and knew there would be appetizes and such served.  I ended up tracking my day and going over my points between having Panda Express and meeting Kenyon for a late night bite to eat that added.  It is funny because even though I planned to be off track, I still did some tracking.  And, I had a lot of back-and-forth thoughts of want vs. need.
Super Bowl Sunday I had to work overtime and was back on track eating my planned leftovers.  I got on my home scale on Monday to see I was up about half a pound.  I was bummed but figured some of it could be temporary from Saturday’s excess food.  I had an on-track day yesterday until Kenyon suggested going out to eat after I got off work.  I didn’t have many points left over since I’d started my day with oatmeal instead of my usual eggs, potatoes, and oil.
 
 

But, I still made it work!  Thankfully it was the start of a new week and I had all my weekly points available.  We went to Shari’s where I had my favorite Cuban sandwich eating with less bread.  Kenyon and I shared some fries and tater tots.  I’ve used a good chunk of my weekly points but isn’t that what they are there for?  I have to be careful though since I’ve got plans this weekend that I’ll need some extra points for.
I feel really good when I’m meal planning and eating healthy.  Eating a little freely this last week made my mouth hurt with canker sores.  It is so weird how quickly that happens.  Higher fat foods?  Higher sugar foods?  I have no idea!  But, it is always a reminder that I need to keep my eyes forward and stay the course.
Sometimes we need a little break from our healthy lifestyle.  Hopefully that break doesn’t last long and doesn’t do too much damage!  My Mom told me she joined WW so I am super excited for a partner to do this with.  It will be several months until I could attend meetings with her.  She says she likes the program so I’m glad to hear that.
I guess this post is a bunch of ramblings to say that I am still working hard at my weight loss goals…but also having to give myself a tiny pep talk!



No comments: