2/12/18

Busy & Enjoyable Weekend

It has been a great weekend so far and I'm super stoked to have one more day off today. I tell ya, I'm loving my days off so much that going back to work is tough stuff.

Friday was hair cut day. I am not sure I 100% love the cut though. I really wish I could have my hair dresser back from many years ago when I felt like I had a consistent cut each time I went. Maybe I'm just too hard to please! I wanted to shorter all over and the lengh in front taken back. It is just okay.


I met Julie, Kelsey, Danielle, and Kelsey's Mom at Majestic Cinemas to see The Shape Of Water, which is an Oscar nominated movie. It was good but weird. There was a lot of nuidity and blood, which wasn't expected. It was a very interesting storyline and well made. Our next Oscar movie will be Three Billboards Outside of Eebbing, Missouri. I'm excited to see that and I suspect it will take the award for best picture.

After the movie I met my coworker/friend Sierra for beer and food at 10 Barrel in downtown Boise. We both wanted a beer flight so we got different ones so we could try all the beers. Don't worry...we didn't drink them all. You get 10 pours of about 2 ounces each. That is a lot of beer.



It was a nice visit and I wished it had lasted longer but I had to get to Phoenix's indoor soccer game. It was a great game and her team won. We went to Shari's for dessert after the game and then I went to bed a soon as I got home. I was exhausted. But, it was a great night.

Saturday I attended a 60th Wedding Anniversary for long time friends of my grandparents Jack & Marilyn Burke.


It was wonderful to see so many people whom I love so much and to see the happy couple as well. Afterwards my family met up at my grandparent's ranch in Melba. My Mom and her siblings have decided to sell the land that my grandpa bought back in 1947. It is bitter sweet as this is the last ties my Mom has to the tiny town of Melba. It was a low key Saturday with Kenyon being sick and me not feeling to well. I got my cleaning done in preparation for my Ladies Brunch I was hosting on Sunday.

Sunday was a very enjoyable time with friends.


I let everybody know Kenyon was not feeling well but we still had eight total. My neighbor Trini encournaged me to set the table using my new linens and real plates and silverware. It is extra work but made it so nice. I decied to serve scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, regular sausage, and bacon. My friends filled in with orange rolls and fruit. Trini brought some sausage stuffed mushrooms. It was all so delicious and very low key. Another great time was had by all.


Whew. It was a busy few days. I'm glad there is nothing on the agenda tonight besides The Bachelor and other various television shows. I'll also do some grocery shopping and I'm working at keeping the house picked up since it is clean. I need to tackle our bedroom and bathroom and then the house will have been deep cleaned until my next party!

No comments: