2/27/18

Weekly Wi: A (Temporary) Gain

I had so much fun this week. Maybe a little too much because it showed on the scale today. I was up two pounds and I believe it is temporary weight gain. It has been proved time and time again that the before your WI are the worst days to eat off “crazy.” I know I was retaining some water and while I had wanted to stay on track Sunday, I gave in to hunger and accompanied Kenyon to Taco Bell. That surely didn't help the cause. But, there isn't anything I can do about last week, I can only work hard this week.

I came home and did meal prep. I wasn't as successful last week with my food because I kept lacking the time to actually cook it. After my meeting yesterday, I made my breakfast while I also put together a batch of chili, cooked chicken breast in the oven, and boiled eggs in the Instant Pot. 


I've got several meals for the week and am looking forward to being on track. I have social events planned Saturday and Sunday again. I'm thinking ahead to those days and how to balance it all. I have to work an earlier shift on Monday and will do my WI on Tuesday. Having that extra day after the weekend should help too.

I was definitely bummed that I was so close to getting into the 2-teens and now am further away. Looking back at my weight records, I see the last time I weighed 218 was in December of 2015. Ah man that was so long ago. I know it isn't impossible to have a large loss this week but it is not always likely. I was also double bummed I didn't meet my goal for the month of February of losing 5 pounds. My WI yesterday caused it to slip away.

Since I wanted some motivation/perspective, I looked back at my weight records for one month, three months, and six months.






Down is good! And down is where I'm going to continue to work towards. Our Europe trip is six weeks and a few days away. If I'm going to be under 200 pounds, I've got to stay focused on that 5 pound monthly goal.  


No comments: