2/20/18

How I Make Freestyle Work For Me


One of the many thing I love about the new Weight Watchers Freestyle Program, is the flexibility.  I know this is a 180 from where I was feeling in December.  But, now that I’ve had time to really work the program, I see how awesome it really is!
Kenyon and I went to breakfast this morning.  When I work the graveyard shift, I chose to factor my points from wake up to wake up.  So, even though the WW app changes over at midnight, I still track everything on the day prior and when I wake up, I start the next day.  It can be tricky when I am eating something with high points just before I go to bed.  I sort of have the ability to fudge the points a little bit by tracking my late night food as the start of my “next day” and then balance that day vs. track it at the end of the “current day” and use my weekly points.  Are you confused?
On Monday, February 19th, I had 6 daily points after I had tracked all my food from waking up at 3pm to going to bed at 8am. 
 

Since Kenyon and I went to breakfast at 7am, I knew I’d probably be eating more than 11 points (6 daily points + 5 weekly points to still get my blue dot) so I decided to track my breakfast out on Tuesday, February 20th instead.  This way I could work on balancing out those points and perhaps still earning a blue dot on both Monday and Tuesday.  I figured if I didn’t get my blue dots, that was okay…I really wanted pancakes with coconut syrup! 
Despite using 17 points alone just for that one breakfast outing, I was able to balance my Tuesday using all 25 of my daily points + 3 weekly points and still earning my blue dot.  (p.s. I now get 25 daily points because of my loss this week).
 

I’m not sure if this cheating per se, to add the points on the next day.  Even if I hadn’t I’d have just used a few more weekly points on Monday.  I don’t usually use all my weekly points unless I’ve got a social outing so I think it will all be okay.
Freestyle really does give you freedom.  I am really happy with this program and look forward to continuing to navigate through it as I work myself down the scale.  My Mom re-joined three weeks ago and is also have great success.  I’m super stoked for her!

No comments: