2/14/18

Recent Eats


I’ve been eating some good eats lately.

I made some breakfast calzones using #2ingredientdough.  It isn’t very pretty but it sure is tasty.  Although, I don’t think it feels me up as much as my usual eggs, potatoes, and bacon breakfast does.

 


I made one with turkey sausage and one with bacon and then scrambled eggs and Tillamook sharp cheddar cheese.  I topped it with some garlic powder and Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel seasoning.  It was really good. 

Strawberries this time of year aren’t the best in price but a few weeks ago I found some at Fred Meyer on scale $2 per pint.  I don’t love non-fat Greek yogurt so I started pureeing some strawberries to mix in with my yogurt.  I also add more sliced strawberries.  When I ran out of strawberries, I did the same thing with frozen mango.  It helps the yogurt taste better and is still 0 SPV (even though technically when you blend fruit it isn’t 0 SPV anymore).

 


I woke up early yesterday and needed an extra meal, which wasn’t planned.  I had a can of Progresso Italian Wedding soup in the pantry and added some frozen mixed veggies to it.  I love the tiny meatballs in the soup.  The entire can is 7 SPV.

 


Since I’m up late at home watching TV on my days off, I’ve been snacking on air popped popcorn, which I pop in some olive oil.  It is really good although not always filling.  I also think it is a lie that you get five cups of popped popcorn out of 2 TBS of kernels.  Seriously?  I disagree because there is always un-popped kernels in the bowl.  Regardless, it is a yummy snack.

No comments: