1/1/18

Welcome 2018

Good Morning and Welcome 2018!!




(I should be sleeping but I'm having a tough time getting my sleep schedule turned around for the start of graveyard shift tomorrow).

We had a low-key New Years Eve/Kenyon's birthday at home. Kenyon had a free birthday Breakfast Slam at Denny's so we popped in there for dinner. After that, we did some grocery shopping at Fred Meyer and came home for the evening. I've been having a mini-Friends marathon on Netflix. I had a headache around 11pm so I took a nap and had Kenyon wake me with a New Years kiss at midnight. The fireworks in my area were crazy and you could hear them all over. It's been really nice having so many days off this week that I'm not ready to start back at work tomorrow.

I've been seeing so many Facebook posts of people that were ready to say goodbye to 2017 because it was a tough year. I can't say that I've ever felt I needed to say goodbye to a particular year. I have always believed that life is what you make of it and if you are unhappy, you have the power to fix it. So, that is perhaps why I'm having trouble seeing so many people struggle. I'll continue to count my blessings as we roll into 2018, which will be a great year for travel. I am super excited.



This is also going to be a year where I adjust my thinking more positively. There is power in positive thinking. As I move through 2018, I want to regain a healthy lifestyle and build on my weight loss from last year. Positivity will help get me there.


No comments: