1/17/18

More Food Ideas Using The #2ingredientdough


I’ve been making some delicious recipes using the two ingredient dough made of fat free yogurt and self-rising flour.  You can find a ton of recipes by using the hashtag #2ingredientdough
If you only make a half recipe of the dough using ½ cup yogurt/flour, it makes a nice size pizza crust.  I bought some pizza toppings so I could make myself one at home.  I love pizza!  And, this dough worked perfectly for making some.  My self-rising flour is 5 SPV for ½ cup but make sure you scan your flour as some are also 6 SPV for ½ cup.  By the time I added some tomato sauce, toppings, and cheese (and maybe a little extra because…well, it is cheese), I had a nice sized pizza for 11 and 12 points.  That is a whole pizza vs. just a slice or two which would easily run that same amount of points or more.
Pepperoni, Italian sausage, and cheese for 12 SPV

Ham and pineapple for 11 SPV
 

I also made some cinnamon/sugar bagels after seeing the idea on Instagram.  I added cinnamon and Stevia to the dough and then made an egg wash where I dipped the spreader into a mix of cinnamon, Stevia, and 1 tsp of brown sugar.  And, you can’t have a bagel without cream cheese.  The bagels were 3 SPV and the cream cheese was 3 SPV. 
 


I’m still struggling with the dough feeling sticky and sometimes it is hard to work with.  But, it is a great alternative to bread when the craving hits.

No comments: