12/4/13

I Have No Home


My connection to my WW meeting and my leader is very important to me.  Since I rotate shits at work every ten weeks it sometimes means I have to change WW meetings.  Usually the change is smooth as we have so many wonderful leaders in our area.

However, sometimes the change is tough.  And right now it is a really rough time.  I feel like I have no home.

I simply have not found a meeting I click with.  My plan is to attend both of leader Natalie’s meetings, one on Tuesday and one on Thursday and see if one is a good fit.  So far I have attended the Tuesday meeting and I did like the members.  The room they are in though (held in a church) is kind of stinky!  Also, they don’t have an actual credit card machine and since I am a paying member now it takes the charge twice as long to show up in my account.  None of this is a deal breaker but annoying.

I didn’t attend last Thursday’s meeting since it was closed for Thanksgiving and I am not sure yet about this Thursday.  If I don’t make it this week then I’ll check it out next week.  I hope I can make one of these two places my new (temporary) WW home for the next four weeks.

I am also struggling a bit right now as I feel I have to justify my reasoning for NOT stepping on the scale.  I have zero desire to step on the scale at both my house and my meeting.  When I attend a meeting where the receptionist doesn’t know me or where the leader doesn’t have a good understanding as to what is going with me right now, it feels like such a struggle to just pay, pass, and take a seat. 

It is hard to explain where I am at right now mentally and although I am in unchartered territory I know everything is going to be okay.

Our 2014 schedule at work is now completed and I am very happy to see that I get to attend my favorite Tuesday meeting for most of next year.  I will have to change meetings for only a total of 20 weeks and 10 of those 20 I will get to be at the Monday morning meeting where my Tuesday leader and my very first leader are in attendance.

Ahhhh….there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I just have to hold on for four more weeks!



No comments: