12/15/13

Paying A Preimum For What You REALLY Want


I love apples.  I enjoy cutting them up and putting them into my cooked oatmeal.  I enjoy cutting them up and mixing in some yogurt and peanut butter.  I enjoy eating them whole.  I really love apples (and all fruit!)

But there are times, like winter for example, when fresh fruit is limited but you just still want something other than apples.

 



When I got off work at 6am on Saturday morning I had a huge craving for strawberries.  Honestly there are plenty of berry options at Costco these days but all of a sudden it just sounded good.  I headed to Walmart for some regular grocery shopping and they were completely OUT of strawberries.  I was very sad.

I wasn’t willing to give up on my craving through.  I still wanted strawberries.

I headed to Albertson’s where I know they have cut up fruit all ready to go in cups.  I also know it costs a bit more than just your usual pint of strawberries during the summer season.

Even knowing I would be paying a premium I was still willing to do it.  Once I got to Albertson’s the pineapple looked equally as delicious.  So, $7 later, I left with two cups of fruit that lasted me just that morning and later in the day when I woke up.

 




To some it might seem silly to pay such a high amount of money when I could get apples at a pretty good deal.  I didn’t feel like apples though and sometimes you gotta spend a little money to get what you really want.

No comments: