12/17/13

The Big Secret Santa Reveal!

I can now share with you what I got my Secret Santa person!


The name drawn for me this year was Loni, who is one of our supervisors.  I don’t know her that well but I still came up with some fun ideas and also incorporated some of the stuff she wrote down on her questioner.

This year, I split my gifts into three different days.

The first gift was:  cashews, pixie stix, $5 Starbucks gift card, a pin, and an owl mug.  I put it all into a gift bag and left it on her desk.

Loni really likes cashews so I found two bags at…you guess it, the Dollar Store!  I also found this cute “I Believe In Santa” pin and some Pixie Sticks, which I know she likes.  I wanted to get her a mug to go with her Starbucks gift card, which she put on her questioner, and really loved this owl one I found at Walmart.  The bummer is our carpet at work has just been replaced and we will now be required to have “sippy cups” so we don’t ruin our new carpet.  This mug is not on the approved “sippy cup” list so Loni will have to enjoy your owl mug at home.  It was just too cute to pass up!






 

The second gift was: A holiday game pad, Gingerbread Race game board, and holiday animal cookies.

I found more fun Dollar Store items.  A holiday game pad with various crosswords, word searches, and Sudoku, which Loni enjoys.  I also found a Gingerbread Race board game that I thought she and her team might also enjoy playing.  Loni put on her questioner that she loved animal cookies and crackers so I searched Walmart for some holiday themed ones.  It was all put into another gift bag and placed on her desk.


 
 
The final gift was given on the big reveal day: $20 Target gift card and a bar of dark chocolate.
Loni put on her questioner that she liked Target and Starbucks for gift card options.  I am a HUGE fan of gift cards.  I love that somebody can get exactly what they want.  I know Loni is a big reader and she also said she didn’t have a Nook, Kindle, or iPad.  Picking out a book is hard for another person but with a Target gift card she isn’t restricted to just books.  I also got her a chocolate bar as she said she likes dark chocolate.  This gave me the ability to wrap the gift card so she had an actual present to open on the reveal day.  I usually give a big gift on the last day as the rest of the gifts are pretty little.

 

No comments: