12/7/13

The End Of The Scale Strike...For Today At Least


I ended my strike with the scale yesterday morning.

After talking to an online WW friend I decided to get on the scale at home.  I wasn’t surprised by the number either.

182.0

When I looked back on my weight record my last WI at WW was the first week of November and was 182.8.  Not only did I not have a gain in the last month but I had a slight loss.  So really I can’t be bummed.

The fear of seeing the 180s, or more so the 182-183 range, is what has kept me from getting on the scale the last couple of weeks.  I still think about it when I see the scale in the bathroom.  But then the thought is gone.  So I just haven’t gotten on it.  And I feel okay about that decision.

However, after talking to my WW friend Kathy, I know that it is still important to have that double check of the scale from time to time.  I try not to let the number affect me but almost seven years later it still does.

One thing Kathy pointed out to me is while I might try to make it seem like this weight gain doesn’t bother me, it does because I talk about it.  Honestly, it is on my mind but overall I feel pretty good.  Even after stepping on the scale  I still have no desire to get on the scale next week.

A loss of 0.8 pounds in a month is a good thing.  So I need to stay positive and just keep doing what I am doing.  Would I like to have lost more?  Of course I would.  I need to learn how to accept that I might have to be in the 180s for a little while.

It is kind of funny because I got a FitBit and when I was entering my information in at the time of set up it asked for my weight.  I almost put 180 but decided to put 182.  I think I already knew what was going on and not getting on the scale was a reason not to admit it?

In either case….onward we go!

No comments: