12/2/13

My Latest Obsession


My love for Dutch Bros has increased by leaps and bounds.



For those of you on my Facebook page, you already know about my new obsession.

For those that don’t, let me bring you up to speed.

I love Dutch Bros.

I go to Dutch Bros for coffee waaaaaaay more times the necessary in a week.

I have a slight spending problem and paying $2 for coffee doesn’t help that problem.

Okay.  Now you are up to speed.

So, why am I blogging about this obsession that most people already know about?

EGGNOG!!!!!


Dutch Bros has a new drink out for the season called Caramel Nog.  It is eggnog, caramel sauce, and espresso.  Sounds odd eh?  Well, unfortunately, it was actually quite yummy when my coworker ordered one just so I could try a sip! 

Like any good WW member, I have been thinking of that Caramel Nog but know in all reality if I was to get one there is no way I would order it as is.  After all, I am the queen of special orders and that includes ordering my coffee with a special order too.  I told the gal at the window the Caramel Nog is yummy but if I was or order it I would need half eggnog, half skim milk, and sugar free caramel.  She asked if I have tried eggnog in place of creamer in my Americano.  What? 

As it turns out eggnog for creamer is quite tasty in espresso.  I am counting my coffee as 2 PPVs instead of just the 1 PPV for cream.  I looked up the PPV for eggnog.  One cup is 11 PPVs and ¼ cup is 2 PPVs.  I hope when I tell the person at the window “just a little eggnog” I am not getting a huge amount but you never really know.  So for right now I’ll count it as 2 PPVs.  *edited to add: I have now looked up the PPVs from the NI info and it is actually 3 PPVs*
I am also going to try  and not go everyday  like I want to.  I do know that making my own coffee at home and adding some eggnog isn’t the same.  So for now I’ll just enjoy it while I can during the remainder of the holiday season

No comments: