12/14/13

Shocked And Surprised


I was shocked, and pleasantly surprised, when I got on the scale at my WW meeting Thursday evening.  Maybe Thursdays are a good day to do my WI?  One will never know!

I knew I had to get on the scale since it was the first meeting in December that I was in attendance.  Even though I knew I was over goal and would have to pay I figured I needed to at least get on the scale.  Then, I could consider passing the rest of the month.

I got on the scale at home that morning figuring I would show a slight gain.  I had eaten out Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday so you just never know what they scale is going to do.  I also ALMOST ate out again Wednesday night/Thursday morning when I met my coworkers for a late night coffee chat at Denny’s.  I had WI on the brain though and didn’t need to spend more WPPAs.  So I enjoyed my coffee and chat then went home and made myself some eggs.

I got to my meeting and stepped on the scale.  I couldn’t see the full numbers due to the position of the scale dial.  I thought it might have been 187 so I was pretty worried.  That is when I got my surprise.

181.4

I finally broke out of the 182s.  But, again, this could only be temporary.  I sure hope not though!

I felt a lot of anxiety when I got on the scale at home that morning.  It confirms that right now my decision to stay off the scale is the best one for me.  I am going to attend a Tuesday meeting next week and will pass.  I’ll plan to get on the scale the following Thursday.  With it being after Christmas I will need something to keep me in check.

Until then, I plan to keep up with my activity and continue to increase my intensity.  I have been trying really hard to get my heart rate into “the zone” and keep it there during my walks on the treadmill at home and my time on the elliptical at the YMCA.

I am also going to look more into the new Simply Start plan WW rolled out.  The new plan looks like it will really help new members a lot.  I am hoping to use the meal ideas and perhaps even do Simply Filling a few days in my week.

No comments: