12/3/13

Let's Make A Deal


Being a WW member means you learn several tips and tricks to help you navigate along your journey.  I have become a master at many.

One of those things is “Let’s Make A Deal.”

Let’s face it.  You can’t have it all.  Okay, well you CAN have it all but since I try to balance out my week I also try to pay attention to how and when I consume higher PPV foods and/or treats.  A few weeks ago since I really wanted to eat out, I made a deal that if I ate at home then I could have frozen yogurt out.

A similar deal was made late Thursday evening.


I went to a 10 pm movie to kill some time and break up my evening being awake all night at home.  Movies are much more enjoyable with movie popcorn.  I wasn’t sure though that I really needed to/wanted to spend more PPVs on popcorn when I had just enjoyed wine, rolls, and dessert earlier in the day at Thanksgiving dinner.

I made a deal with myself that if I skipped the movie popcorn then after the movie I could get my new favorite Dutch Bros coffee, Americano with eggnog.  The Dutch Bros in the area of town I was in is open 24 hours (sadly, not the one right by work).
 
I enjoyed my coffee while I did some late night/early morning Black Friday shopping.  I had not quite planned well though and I was starting to get hungry.  I found several of the McDonald’s were also open so I grabbed some oatmeal.  I also snacked on some Somersault crackers.  Man they are good!
 

As with any good weight loss or maintenance plan, you HAVE to do what works for you.  Making a deal with me will often work.  I still throw caution to the wind more time than necessary and smelling the movie popcorn made it tough to resist. 

I am glad I had an equally delicious treat to look forward to as I walked right on by the snack booth!

No comments: