12/28/13

Missing: My Umph


I seem to be missing my umph these days.  It started around last Monday.  I actually had a really great week and I even logged 22 APs, with some snow shoveling thrown into the mix.  For the most part I have been able to get in some higher intensity exercise on the treadmill and elliptical where I can get my heart rate up for most of the time.

My food was also pretty good.  Granted a few weeks ago when I tried giving Simply Filling a bit of ago, I did show a loss.  Whether that was because of Simply Filling or just changing up my food and increasing activity intensity I saw some tiny results.

Then Monday rolled around and my eating sort of got off course. 

Kenyon and I had plans to go to Cracker Barrel at 3pm before running last minute Christmas errands.  I had planned to have the new Pecan Skinny Bun French Toast they have been advertising.  I figured up a rough calculation for PPVs and set my sights on some yummy goodness.
[image source]
 
When we got there I was told they had run out.  Bummer.  That sort of set the rest of the tone for the day as I ended up eating “around” what I really wanted most. 

By Tuesday morning, Christmas Eve, I was feeling a little guilty for my food intake and also feeling a bit of indigestion.  I was craving a salad BIG TIME!  I also wasn’t able to sleep really well.  I ended up going to SouperSalad for a huge salad to go.  It really hit the spot!

 
Christmas Eve was filled with yummy food and desserts as was Christmas Day.  I also finished off some leftovers later in the evening on Christmas Day.  Thankfully no temptations at home (now at work…that is another story!  It looks like sugar blew up in here).  There was also a trip to the movies and some movie popcorn.

I also have not "officially" exercised in several days.  I was running around like crazy on Christmas Day and got almost 10,000 steps.  Thursday I took my nieces to the YMCA to swim so I got in some activity there.  Yesterday I forced myself to get on the treadmill for a three mile walk.  Hey, better than nothing.

My tracking has been less than stellar.  I have no desire to plan meals.

I know ALL of this is not the “proper WW” way to do things but I just don’t seem to have much umph these days.  I am VERY ready for vacation and while it is only a week and a half away it still seems like forever.  I am really looking forward to warm weather, time with Kenyon, and breaking out of my boring daily routine. 

I am also looking forward to being back at my favorite Tuesday WW meeting upon our return.

I had wanted to be back in goal range by the time we left for vacation but that isn’t going to happen.  I am confident now in my ability to maintain at my current weight of around 182.  I am confident that vacation weight will only be temporary but it is never a bad idea to be mindful.

I will be starting 2014 above goal range.  That is okay.  I know I should have the desire to work harder at getting back to goal but right now I am doing the best I can.  I suspect soon I will find my umph again.

No comments: