12/30/13

Turkey Leftovers


I love turkey.

I love turkey leftovers as well.  If I can’t have turkey with all the fixings then turkey leftovers are second best.

I ended up eating most of my Christmas leftovers on Christmas Day and into the early morning hours of the day after Christmas. One of the benefits to working the graveyard shift is that I still had plenty of eating hours left in my day AFTER our Christmas festivities ended.

My first round of leftovers was a turkey sandwich.  This is my most favorite way to eat turkey leftovers.  My Mom bakes Rhodes Texas Rolls at every holiday meal.  Rhodes makes a roll that tastes just as good as homemade with less hassle.  You just thaw and bake.  It is that easy!

I had my turkey sandwich on a Rhodes roll with some spicy brown mustard, lettuce, and provolone cheese.  It was quite tasty. 
 

I also had some leftover pretzel jello salad.  If you haven’t ever made it I suggest you do.  It was delicious!  I wish I had taken a photo so I’ll have to make it again for a potluck and share it with you.  Just Google “pretzel jello salad” and look for one that you bake the pretzel crust and then add a cream cheese layer and a jello layer.  I highly recommend it!

For my next round of leftovers I wanted to get a little creative with the mashed potatoes I brought home.  I did a Google search for baked mashed potato patties and found Skinny Taste’s recipe.  I didn’t actually use her skinny mashed potatoes, which is the base of the recipe.  I added some sour cream, some garlic power, and some Red Robin seasoning.  I formed them into patties, dipped in the egg white wash, and put into bread crumbs.  I baked them at 400 degrees for 10 minutes each side.  They were really good!

 
I needed some greens so I opened a can of green beans and had my turkey alongside it.  Yum!  I have two leftover patties to eat so I’ll try to reheat in the toaster oven.

I also made a batch of turkey and noodle soup to serve with the remaining left over mashed potatoes mixed in.

Did I mention already that I love turkey?

No comments: