12/12/13

"If Only For A Second"



"Cancer patients were given extravagant makeovers in an effort to allow them to forget about their illness 'if only for a second.'"

The video, which is in French (I think) with subtitles explains that there was a photographer set up behind a one way mirror taking photos of the reactions of each person as they see themselves for the first time after their makeovers.

Their reactions are priceless!  You can read the article and watch the video from the link above.  I tried to link it to my blog but there was a bunch of weird advertisements. 

I hope it will make you smile.

I am sure cancer has touched each and every one of you in some way or another.  Perhaps you have a family member or a friend that has battled cancer.  Perhaps you are currently battling cancer or have in the past.

It is scary and with breast cancer so common it is always on my mind and really, really scares me.

To all those that are fighting this battle I hope this video made you forget about your illness “if only for a second.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing - what a great idea! I was laughing with tears in my eyes...

Anja