12/18/15

Busy Friday Ahead

Hello. I hope your Friday is off to a great start. For those that are about to be on a two week vacation from school/work...enjoy! I switched trainers/shifts so I ended up with six days off.

It will be a busy day today. I'm about to head out for graduation of the newest round of Idaho State Police troopers. One of the recruits that is graduating is my friend Jamee's husband so I am happy to support him. I am also excited to see some of my prior coworkers.

From there I will head out to Kuna to see Hailey's Christmas band concert/performance. She is learning to play the flute and it happens to be the old flute Jenny played in high school 20 years ago.

Finally we have my department Christmas party at my center manager Carmen's house. I have heard Carmen's house is amazing so I am excited to see it. I know I'll feel like a bit of a fish out of water since I am still new to the agency. I'll have to swallow my nervousness and approach people to introduce myself/talk to them. My new agency has a better relationship with dispatch than my prior agency, however, I have heard there is still a separation between dispatch and patrol. There is also individual clicks within the dispatch center, detectives, and patrol teams. So...we will see how it goes. Thankfully Kenyon is feeling better (he had strep throat earlier this week) so he will accompany me. Even if we just show up for a quick appearance, it is better than nothing. I want to support Carmen by going as she is so nice to open her house to entertain this large crowd. Also, I'm brining wine. That will help.

I'll bring you up to speed on my weekly WI tomorrow.


Happy Friday.

No comments: