6/30/16

It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere: Mai Thai Recipe



For Brenda’s Luau Party, I used this delicious Mai Thai recipe.  It was given to me by Kenyon’s coworker/friend who brought a batch to my last Hawaiian Party.  The nice thing about this recipe is you can make a small single service batch or a large gut buster batch.  So it is really customizable.
Below is the basic recipe:
1x Light rum
¼ x Parrot Bay rum
½ x Triple Sec 
1 ½ x pineapple juice
1 ½ x orange juice
¼ x lime juice
Splash of grenadine for garnish
If you wanted a single serve drink, just replace X with an ounce.  For this party I started with the light rum and measured out 3 cups for my X.  From there I made sure to adjust the recipe from there.   I had Kenyon help me with the math so we based our party size off of one bottle (750 ml) of light rum.  That way I knew I would have enough alcohol to make a big party batch:
3 cups Light rum (almost the full bottle)
¾ cups Parrot Bay rum
1 ½ cups Triple Sec 
4 ½ cups pineapple juice
4 ½ cups orange juice
¾ cups lime juice
Splash of grenadine for garnish
I was pleasantly surprised as to how large of a batch it made.  At first I worried I made to little but then I wondered if I made too much.  It ended up being just the right amount because it was gone by evenings end.  Success!
I had extra orange juice and pineapple juice and I felt it could be sweeter.  So I added more pineapple juice.  I have enough triple sec and Parrot Bay rum for another party size batch.  All I have to do is pick up a bottle of light rum.  I’m planning to make some for our open house once our new house is completed.
Next time you have a party to attend, try out this Mai Thai recipe.  It packs a good punch and is delicious.


No comments: