2/17/17

We Have Voles


I’m back at work for the next five days and I’m not really ready.  I was enjoying my weekend off way too much.  I had to come into work early for a few hours so then I got to come in late for my shift by a few hours.  Maybe this will make the night go quick.  On Sunday I start training my first trainee, Patty, in her Phase Three training.  I am excited and yet also very nervous.  But, she is doing well so I think it will go fine.  Ready or not, it is time to jump into the deep end of the start of my training career in dispatch.

I’ll share all our Paint & Sip fun with you soon.  It was a blast and I can’t wait to go again.  Sadly, I drank way too much wine and then Kenyon and I stopped for food at a local diner on our way home.  Oh my gosh I felt so sick the remainder of the night.  I am happy to report that I am back on track today and indulgences don’t sound the slightest bit appealing.  At my work training meeting, I passed up on DQ Dilly Bars.  Nope.  I indulged too much last night so my body needs a break.  It feels so good to be back on track.

I will start attending my Tuesday AM WW meeting this coming week so I am looking forward to that.  Tuesday will also be my Friday again so that is even better.

We found out from the pest control guy that the rodent in our yard is Voles.  Ugh.  They have dug tunnels all over and tore up our yard.  Plus, they eat the roots of the grass so who knows what our grass will like from here on out.  I guess they can move under the snow undetected so it isn’t until spring that you start to see them.  And, they can be hard to get rid of because if you do successfully kill them now, a new group can come and take up residency in the vacant holes/tunnels.  Great.  But, our pest control guy laid bait and we found a nest and babies so we are hopeful it was semi-contained to that area.  We will know in about two weeks if it was successful or not.  I don’t understand why our yard was so appealing to them.  We have a hard enough time keeping our yard looking nice on normal circumstances.  I hope this won’t be costly down the road as right now the cost of the Vole removal is part of our annual pest control service.

No comments: