5/25/17

I Did 125 Burpies


On Monday, my trainer put me through the “name game” which basically means that each letter of your name equals a particular workout move and amount of reps.  I got excited at first because my name didn’t have any B’s, which I thought meant Burpies.  NOPE!  No such luck.  In fact, the letter N = 25 burpies, the letter S = 30 burpies, and the letter W = 20 burpies.  So, in the case of my name…I ended up doing 125 burpies total.

L

N – 25 burpies

D

S – 30 burpies

A

Y

N – 25 burpies

O

W – 20 burpies

O

T

N – 25 burpies

Y

I can’t remember what all the letters were but I know that L = 2 minutes of wall sits and that I also did crunches, push-ups, and air squats. 

This is why I pay a personal trainer.  I don’t like burpies, push-ups, crunches, or wall sits.  Air squats aren’t so bad.  Although last week I had a whole workout of squats and boy was I hurting the next day.  Same thing with the medicine ball workout.  It is crazy how many muscles you can work out at one time with a medicine ball.  I know sometime here soon we will have the “cards game”.  I tell him to surprise me.  I don’t even want to know in advance what day that is coming.

I have not yet ramped up my other activity since returning home from vacation.  I’m not sure why but the thought to workout is there, I just lack follow through.  Most days I am just really happy to sit and veg before work.  Being a trainer at work means you have to be on all the time.  So, when I am not at work, I like to relax. 

I am hoping my activity bug returns next week.

No comments: