5/12/17

Vegas Firsts

Our trip to Vegas has been fun, but it is time to go home. I miss my own bed and my own schedule.  We are at the McCarran Airport awaiting our flight to arrive so we can board and get headed home.  

This trip was also a trip of "firsts" for Kenyon and I.  We tried out some new restaurants (and one tried and true) and went to some new shows. Here is a look at our most recent Vegas Vacation.

Food:

We tried Five 50 Pizza bar at Aria and the pizza was excellent.




I've been dying to go to Wahlburgers ever since I watched the TV show.  And once they opened a location in Vegas, I've been really wanting to go.  So, we made our way to Bally's and tried out the famous burger place.  It was also excellent.





I have never been to In-N-Out Burgers and while there has been one off-strip, it is hard to get there without a car.  Once building started up around the LinQ, we noticed there is now an In-N-Out location.  So, we tried it out.  I have to say, this was the cheapest cost food we consumed on entire trip.  It gets an A+ for that.  But, I don't understand the hype.  Good burgers but the fries weren't that great.




Beerhaus is a restaurant I spotted at the New York New York as we were walking from our hotel to the bus stop.  Then, I spotted happy hour prices that had $4 burgers, $4 fries, and $4 beers.  So, we HAD to stop in there.  I had the best local oatmeal stout and Kenyon really liked the fries and beer cheese dip.  I wanted to go back for a pretzel and cheese dip at a later time but we never made it.





Lastly, in the LinQ promenade there was a Sprinkles Cupcakes as well as a 24-hour cupcake ATM.  Now that, is service!  I used to watch the baking shows on the Food Network back in the day so I was familiar with Sprinkles and wanted to try them out.  We got a four pack of cupcakes so we could sample a variety. Pretty good but super sweet and lots of frosting!




We also stopped into our favorite restaurant in Vegas, The Cheesecake Factory.  I'll tell ya, I way over did it on food Wednesday night so by Thursday, I needed a bit of a break from high calorie foods.  I went for my usual Asian chicken tacos which were fresh and delicious.  I can't forget the side of brown bread.  I love the CF bread.





Shows:

We took in two new shows on this trip.  The first was Le Reve, a water show at The Wynn.  It was about a love story between a good and kind man and a wild and dangerous man.  It was amazing and did not disappoint.  Sadly, they were cracking down on any photography and after that one Carrot Top incident a few years ago, I don't mess with the "no photography" rule.




The other show as Terry Fator, a ventriloquist who also does singing impersonations with both himself and his puppets.  We sort of got him confused with Jeff Dunham so we thought that is who we were seeing.  Terry Fator is really funny and we laughed several times.  He has a puppet called Emma with wild red hair and who likes to take rapid selfies and post on her social media.  That totally makes me think of my niece Emma so I bought an Emma doll at the end of the show.  




100% proceeds go to the military foundations called Airpower and Snowball Express so that is awesome.  Terry asked all of the military, first responders, and dispatchers to stand and the audience gave a round of applause so I stood for a moment with the others.

Other than that, we just walked all around Vegas.  We took the tram from Mirage to Treasure Island just for fun and spent some time people watching in the mall.







Over all, it was a fun trip.  Until next time Vegas.

No comments: