5/31/17

Sharing Blog Posts From My Weight Loss Journey: I Miss The Other Lindsay


I’m sharing old blog post from my weight loss journey when I blogged on another site:

March 28, 2010

I Miss The Other Lindsay

That is what my friend said to me the other night when she came over to dinner. I have recently gone back to counting points this week. So, I made turkey pot pies with leftover turkey breast, a can of cream of chicken soup, and frozen mixed veggies. I top them with a reduced fat crescent roll for a total of 5 points each. We sat down to have our pot pies, asparagus, and salad while we chatted away as we usually do. 

I have always been a social eater. If anything I just ate huge portions of high fat/high calorie foods while I sat and gabbed with my friends over happy hour. So, it didn’t surprise me when Jenny said, “I miss the other Lindsay, the one that used to go to TGIFridays all the time for happy hour appetizers and margaritas.” That’s right folks….I know all the good deals in town. We used to frequent TGIFridays most days for $2.00 appetizers and the yummiest margaritas in town for $3.00. Boy, those were the days ‘eh. No wonder I got to 304 pounds! 

I just laughed at Jenny and said, “she comes out every once and a while.” 

What I have learned through my three years with Weight Watchers, and my recent one-year-at-goal celebration, is that food tastes good. Now that I don’t have TGIFriday’s happy hour food and drinks as often, I now can enjoy how yummy it tastes when we do go and have an evening out with friends. Food doesn’t have to have control over you. I choose what I put into my mouth. Would I like to eat happy hour food and drinks every day since it tastes so good? Sure. However, I’d be right back where I started and unhappy. 

I’m okay with the “other Lindsay” only coming out to play on occasion.

No comments: