6/1/17

Sharing Blog Posts From My Weight Loss Journey: What Do Others Think Of You??


I’m sharing old blog post from my weight loss journey when I blogged on another site:

April 28, 2010

What Do Others Think Of You??

Have you ever wondered what people think of you when they see you? 

I have recently gone back to an “old” WW meeting where I used to attend. With my rotating shift-work schedule at work, I find myself at new meetings all the time. I actually enjoy meeting hopping as you meet great people and there are so many great WW leaders in our area. Who could you attend just ONE meeting?? I could attend SEVEN easily. 

So now, being in a meeting where I only recognize two people who know me along my journey, I wonder “what do people think of me when they see me?” 

Only my family, friends, coworkers, and long-time WW buddies know I’ve lost 140 pounds. To those that don’t know me and how far I’ve come, do they just think I have about 20 pounds to lose? That is basically what I’ve got to lose. I’ve lost 140 pounds and yet I am STILL about 15-20 pounds overweight per the BMI scale.  

I really don’t care what people think about me. I know who I am. I know I am a good person. I know I am deserving of all good things that come my way. I don’t need anybody to convince me otherwise. Sometimes, I wonder though if the other WW members in my group hear my “advise” and think, “Does she even know what she is talking about?” 

I have come a long way. Sometimes (well most times) I let the number on the scale make me feel inadequate. I sometimes feel as if I have worked so hard and yet can’t seem to get back into the 160s. Ugh. Never ending battle ‘eh? I guess it is good we are all on similar journeys and all in the same boat together. 

Row on…row on….

No comments: