6/24/17

Mom Is Retired


On Thursday, the school district that my Mom has worked for the last 28 years threw a retirement party for her and two other coworkers.  I was able to make a switch with my coworker so I could attend and I am so glad I did.  It was such a nice party and I got to visit with so many people. 

The party was held at Huston Vineyards on Chicken Dinner Road north of Marsing.  I am familiar with the Huston wine but this was my first time actually out at the winery.  It was such a cute space and perfect for entertaining a small group. 

 










It was a nice day and there was a lot of shade with table and chairs set up.  They were each given a homemade quilt made from the t-shirts from each of the schools in the district.  What a wonderful idea!

 


I bought a bottle of Chicken Dinner White to share (but ended up drinking quite a bit of it myself) and they had some appetizers.  The party lasted for two hours and then we went back to my parent’s house for pizza, salad, and beer.

 


I am so happy for my Mom.  She has worked so hard and given so much of her time to the district office that it is her time to relax.  I know she is a little nervous about retirement but I am sure she will find a new routine and enjoy it.

Congrats Mom on the next chapter of your life.




 

No comments: