6/21/17

Sharing Blog Posts From My Weight Loss Journey: When The Pocketbook Meets The Scale


I’m sharing old blog post from my weight loss journey when I blogged on another site:

May 2, 2011

When The Pocketbook Meets The Scale

I am going to have to pay for my WI today. It is a new month and I will be over my goal by more than two pounds. I am hopeful the “more than” part will still be manageable. Weight loss and maintenance for me are both very mental. So really it is my pride that takes a hit in addition to my wallet. The scale does not dictate a good week or a bad week. It is just feedback. And, I have not had to pay since the month of January. There are many positives among knowing I am over my goal. I know it isn’t permanent. I will do what I need to do to get back under goal because I am confident in my weight loss and maintenance and my new healthy behaviors I have set in place.

I have been in quite the funk lately. Not really sure what is going on. I am in the middle of training for a half marathon I will be walking on May 14th. I completed an 11.25 mile walk a few weeks ago and since then I seem to have lost my motivation. I am tired. I am missing Kenyon since we are on opposite shifts with only one overlapping day off. I am just really in a rut. I was a bit loosey goosey with my food intake two weeks ago and am really paying for it (literally) this week. I am not sure if my thyroid is off or I am just looking for an excuse.

I am also feeling fat. I hate fat days. Sort of like a bad hair day but worse. There are times I look in the mirror and think I am fine and there are times I just feel fat. My clothes feel tight or I see my muffin top hanging over my jeans more than usual. I would LOVE to be down 5 pounds but realistically, that just takes too much effort. I got tired of trying to lose on 29 DPA and finally just said, “to heck with it.” I increased my DPA to 35 and have been making a really good effort to track really well. I have been eating out more than usual and again this week will involve a lot of eating out. I can manage. Balance. Back to basics. I need to remember this!

So, as usual, I just keep moving forward. There really is no other option. I could throw myself a pity party inviting all the foods I used to know and love. That wouldn’t solve anything. I would just feel more miserable, fat, and just have to pay another week at the scale.

So, pull up my big girl panties and get back into it. I have 13.1 miles to bust out in a few weeks!

No comments: