2/11/19

A Weekend Of Socializing


My social weekend was a lot of fun.

Saturday after my WW meeting, I went home for a bit and shoveled lots and lots of snow.  Welcome to February: Where You Shovel More Snow In A Day Than You Do All Winter.  I met Kelsey and Danielle to see Vice, the last of the Academy Award Best Picture nominated films.  It was very political but I did like it.  I think Christian Bale could win best actor.

I came home and re-grouped with Kenyon where we grabbed some lunch and went to the Canyon County Home Show.  We are looking at some possible landscape upgrades and are on the hunt for suggestions.  We found one that will be calling us for a consult this week so it is nice to get the ball going.

Earlier in the week, I had caught wind of a free comedy show at Craft Beer of Boise and one of the comedians, Olek, was the headliner.  We had seen Olek preform at Liquid Laughs and is a classmate of Danielle’s brother.  All three comedians were wonderful.  And, we loved Craft Beer of Boise.  The manager Ely was great.  They have at least 20 combinations of beers, wine, and cider on tap so if you are local, you should check it out.






Despite the late night, we were up and around by 8am on Sunday.  We decided to go out for breakfast even though we had plans for lunch with my coworkers.  We love LePeep and were in a pancake mood so we shared one meal with eggs, bacon, potatoes, and toast and split the Pancake Of The Month Strawberry Cheesecake pancakes.  Oh my…they were good.

We met my coworkers at North End Pizza for another day of Tiki Oasis.  I had gotten a call to come in for work coverage just before we met up so I decided to skip the alcohol and come to work for a quick three hour OT shift.  None the less, we had a good time and had lots of laughs.






And with that, I’m headed to the gym to get my sweat on.

Have a good Monday.

No comments: