2/4/19

New Snacks & New Recipes

Good Morning. I hope your Monday is off to a great start. 

I'm still dealing with sore muscles but I'm going to take in a gym class today. I have missed the gym last month. The class times don't work as good with my current schedule so I need to try and get to a class when I can.

I wanted to pop in today to share with you some new-to-me snacks and a few new recipes. I went to my Mom and Dad's house for Super Bowl Sunday and Mom cooked a WW recipe that Kenyon and I tried last week.



Mom's rice turned out much flavorful than mine did. It was a great dinner and very low points.

We did some snacking but I also came prepared for that. I had just recently learned about Bada Bean Bada Boom on one of my local WW Facebook Groups. It is two points per snack size bag and they are amazing. It is dried crunchy fava beans (yes, many people bring up the Silence Of The Lambs reference). 


I love the crunch and I can eat anything slow so they last a while. Plus, you get a nice amount for your serving. 



There are three flavors and each are really good. It was a great idea to pick these up at Costco before the Super Bowl so I was prepared for snacking. My local Costco sells the 24 pack for $9.99.



Another new snack, which feels more like a candy bar or an indulgence, is Built Bar. I've been seeing these all over social media and each bar is just 3 points. They have 15 grams of protein and only 4 grams of sugar. Also, they are made with “real” chocolate. I put the word real in quotes because they would have more sugar in it if it was truly real chocolate. My husband calls it diet chocolate.



They have a jelly-like center and with the chocolate, it tastes like I'm eating dessert. I worried a whole bar would be too much but since they have less sugar, it didn't bother me. I could easily cut a bar in thirds though and eat on it over a few days. I found an online coupon on Instagram that made this variety box $6.99 plus free shipping. I have only tried the caramel and coconut variety so far.

Every season you can find snacks in the holiday isle with low points value. During Halloween it was pretzels and cheeeball packs. For Valentine's Day, these little Cheez-it packs are just 2 points each. I will admit, it feels like a very small serving but I love that it is single serve so I'm not tempted for more unless I open a new bag and count the additional points. My Mom likes to snack on turkey pepperoni along with her crackers. That is a great idea.



I am not a big snacker per se and my go-to at home is usually air popped popcorn cooked with olive oil. I love me some popcorn. I can see turning to the Bada Bean Bada Boom snack since you get so much for your serving side. I'm already planning either one of those or one of the Cheez-its along with my sandwich at lunch.

Lastly, these WW snack bars are the best dessert at just 2 points each. My favorite is the new S'mores variety. You guessed it...I eat it really slow and enjoy it so much. It is also really good with a cup a coffee.



Okay, I better get my day started so I can get to the gym. Have a great day.

No comments: