2/26/19

I’ve Been De-Throned

Apparently the WW gods were looking out for me last night.

I brought in all of the treats left over from my Oscar party into work. I grabbed a small handful of skittles, and sat down at my console to eat my dinner. About the third skittle in, I crunch down on something really hard and I wondered what the heck was in the middle of the skittle. It wasn’t the skittle it was the crown for my tooth. 



Needless to say the rest of the skills went into the trash.

The good news is I’m not really feeling any pain except when I drink cold water. The bad news is I now have to break my boycott with the dentist. I am not a fan of the dentist. I know I still need one more filling, and I absolutely freak out when they have to numb me up. So for the last few years I have been avoiding the dentist, including teeth cleanings, since I knew I had this cavity that needed filled. Once those crown is taken care of I guess I’m going have to see if there is still only one cavity left so I can get it taken care of and get back to regular cleanings. I don’t mind the cleaning it’s the numbing up for a tooth repair that I don’t like. And I’m deathly afraid that I may have to have a root canal one day. Oh and I guess I should add I don’t like to floss and they always get mad at you for not flossing.

I’m really good at taking care of the other parts of my life, including my health, but I’m not very good at taking care of my teeth. I brush two times a day and other than my coffee consumption, my teeth look pretty good. Not as white as they should be. 

Another good news is that the dentist was able to get me in at 11:30 AM. I’m going to go see the dentist that Kenyon goes to, which happens to be his cousin-in-law.  So this means I’ll still be able to attend my morning weight watcher meeting, and meet up with Phoenix tonight to complete my Old Chicago St. Patty’s Day Mini Tour.

I was planning to get on the scale at my meeting today. I’m feeling pretty good and feeling like I had a good few days. I stepped on the scale at home just to doublecheck and I’m up two pounds. I guess all that party food on Saturday may have caught up to me. Well I don’t think I’ve gained two pounds over the course of four days, it was definitely a bummer. I’m going to go ahead and skip the scale and not add any more to this month of February. The sad part is I was feeling really good until I got on the scale.

It maybe time to find a way to shift my mental focus from so much emphasis on the scale. I still need the scale for my WW meetings and that accountability.  I’m really enjoying my activity level, feeling good in my clothes, and even feeling like my body shape is looking better. All of that counts for something and I can’t continue to feel deflated each week at the scale.

I always feel tons better after my meetings. I’m stoked to see my Tuesday AM peeps.

No comments: