3/21/20

12 Years Of Wedded Bliss (Plus COVID-19 Cancelled Plans)

Despite some cancelled plans due to COVID-19 pandemic, we managed to get our 12th Wedding Anniversary celebrated.  We checked into the Anniversary Inn for the evening.  When we went to tour the rooms, I remembered one had a really big tub, almost hot tub size.  We booked Sultan’s Palace just for the big bathtub.




We weren’t sure where we would be able to eat as Boise City has put the squash on seating/restaurants and we weren’t even sure what might be open.  As we were checking in to the room, the owner of Papa Joe’s near by was hanging out flyers for their small take-out menu.  We were sold!  It was a short walk to/from and dinner was served in the room so we could relax.  Kenyon tried two different sandwiches and I tried the pesto fettuccini with chicken.  It was really good.



Anniversary Inn no longer gives you free cheesecake and instead you can purchase a dessert for $5.  We ended up skipping dessert, which was probably a good idea.  I think I’m coming off my fruit-coma as I’m craving sweets.

Once home, we finally fired up the new fire pit (pun intended).  We bought a fire pit column from Costco a few weeks ago and just got around to setting it up and testing it out.



When we were on the Broadway side of town, I had Kenyon stop at Albertson’s so I could get more of this low calorie/low point craft beer my coworker told me about.  I enjoyed a beer by the fire after I took a much needed and very enjoyable break.



This self-isolation thing is taking a toll on this extrovert.

No comments: