3/5/20

New WW Recipes: Chicken Piccata Stir Fry and Shepherd's Pie

Good Afternoon.  I had a great day off yesterday, especially since Kenyon decided to take an extra day off and join me.  We had some sick coverage this week so I have to work overtime on our only day of…today.  

We ran errands yesterday, which wasn’t super exciting but it meant we were in the car together and able to visit.  We also did a lot of eating out, one meal Tuesday evening and two meals on Wednesday.  I don’t have any other plans this week so I’ve meal planned and tracked low point foods.  Look out scale, I’m coming for you this week.

The new recipe we tried last night was Chicken Piccata Stir Fry. 


I had this WW recipe flagged and since we had just bought capers, it was the perfect time to try it out.  I also had asparagus on hand so we subbed that for green beans.  Lastly, since Kenyon is on a low carb diet, I cut back the amount of corn starch, which made it a bit soupy.  I’ve got ideas for next time to combat this.  I’m going to serve the leftovers with rice.

The evening meal at work tonight is Shepherd’s Pie.  


We had Shepherd's Pie when we were in Florida and now that potatoes are zero points on the Purple Plan, I knew I wanted to make it soon.  I found the WW recipe, and of course, modified it.  I can’t wait for dinner tonight so I can dig into this deliciousness.

I’ve talked about it before but these Steam n’ Mash potatoes make it so easy to complete this recipe.  I don’t even have to steam the full bag and it makes mashing super easy in my veggie steamer.




On track the remainder of this week and planning earning those blue dots!

No comments: