3/14/20

Vacation Plans Cancelled - Damn You COVID-19


Phoenix and I have had to cancel our Vegas Girls Weekend due to COVID-19.  Man, this sure has been a doozie and it was a bummer to have to cancel.

 



However, it was the right decision.

Since flights during spring break were still really steep and Kenyon wasn’t able to get the time off, we cancelled/postponed for late April.  Flights are a great deal and we are able to get hotel comps.  I was also able to transfer my RuPaul Drag Race Live tickets and my Comedy Cellar tickets to the new April dates.  Kenyon will now accompany me and I’ll force him to attend the drag race performance with me.  I will miss seeing comedian Joe Machi…ohhhh I was so close.  But, perhaps another time.

And maybe another time, Phoenix and I can have our Girls Weekend in Vegas.  She would be tons of fun to explore the clubs and breweries around the Strip.

The hardest part was deciding to return part of my time off request.  I don’t need that time off now and I can get some extra overtime payout if I come to work.  Hey, I like money!  Kenyon and I are still planning our Wedding Anniversary Getaway so I have something to look forward to.  Plus, I always enjoy spending time with Kenyon.

Yesterday was a blur of meetings at work and a full 10-hour shift since we didn’t have staffing to leave early.  I was exhausted but able to get good sleep last night.  I got in my activity today since I missed the opportunity yesterday.  I was also able to finally prepare some meals today and get ahead of the game for my WW workshop on Tuesday.  Although, they may be cancelled due to COVID-19.  Dang it!

 


I have pre-tracked my WW week and will have about seven points rollover, unless I decide on a Built Bar in the next few days.


Not having vacation looming might mean I could actually reach my 100 pounds sooner than expected.  But…that would depend on the meeting.  I have my home scale that can keep me accountable and/or I’ll see if I can at last pop into the Monday WW Studio and step on the scale.  I’ll text my WW Coach and see what she knows.

I’ve got some social plans next week so I am setting myself up for success and balancing with low point meals. 

Stay safe out there everybody.

No comments: