3/23/20

The End Of A Very Long Week

Good…Monday…Morning.

I’m losing track of my days around there.  The days seem to run together and the weeks feel long.  Welcome to the new norm?

Here are some of my eats last week.

Mom brought over some corned beef, cabbage, carrots, and potatoes so we could have a delayed St. Patty’s Day meal.  I cooked it up in the Instant Pot and then used left overs the next day for corned beef hash.



I think I’ve determined the fat content of the corned beef is a bit too much for my stomach but it is delicious.

Kenyon suggested a chicken recipe that combined some of our spices at home.  1 tsp each of onion power, garlic powder, and paprika.  1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper.  Add the chicken breast, 1 Tbs of olive oil, and spices to a bag and shake, shake, shake.  We used the air fryer set at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  It was really good.




Mom also brought over a ton of fresh fruit.  I spent a good amount of my week last week making a fruit salad and eating it all.  I love fruit but boy was that a bit of an overload.




Yesterday before work, I threw together an easy pasta salad and made some Salsa Chicken.  I got the mild salsa this time instead of the medium and enjoyed it much more.  It was getting too spicy and starting to give me heartburn.  I am glad I found some whole wheat pasta at the store.  I’m still on the hunt for brown rice and frozen potatoes.




It has been a good week although I’ve gone over my points several days and I was in the negative before I had some rollover points yesterday.  I should have some today too.  I will get on the home scale and jump on my WW Virtual Meeting tomorrow.


No comments: