12/30/20

A Perspective I Wasn't Expecting To Find

I pulled out my old WW weight records so I could find the date that I first dipped into the lovely world of Onederland.  It was August 2008.  I noticed the weight logged above that was 200.6.  That is exactly what I weighed-in at my last official WW Studio Workshop of 2020.  


I’ve said before that my journey is split into many sections.  Before WW, After Goal, Re-Gain Phase, and now Re-Losing Phase.  Each phase felt different based on what what important to me at the time.  I have been comprising myself to where I was in 2014 and 2015 completely forgetting that I had a journey down the scale the first time where I also saw these same numbers.


In 2008, I was right where I am now.  I was hanging onto the 200s with my sights on the 199s.  It is hard to remember what that felt like.  I do remember what it felt like when I was going back up the scale in 2014 and when I saw 200 again.  However, my first journey down the scale to 199 is a distant memory and one I can’t quite cling to anymore.  


Reflecting back helps me move forward.  I gain a new perspective and often I am better equipped to handle whatever twists and turns this journey has in store.  I realize now I need to reflect more, not just on the last 6-ish years but those first few years too.  Those years are just as important and should not be over shadowed by the back part of this journey.





No comments: