12/19/20

December Weigh-Ins Of The Past

Good Afternoon.  I had not planned it to be so many days before I checked in.  I don’t know about all of you…but 2020 is just flying by.  It was like from March to April it was all this dread on how we would adapt to staying home more and then bam…here we are December.  Well, apparently I adapted quite quickly!


I have a post coming down the line of all my thoughts on 2020 as we inch closer to 2021.  For today, I wanted to talk about December Weigh-Ins Of The Past.


My visit to the doctor for my annual physical went well.  As she always says, “normal and boring.”  I decided to take my shoes off when I got on the scale because I have to take them off to get undressed anyway.  A few years ago, I stopped taking off my shoes at the doctor’s office.  It is just a scale and all scales are different.  This is why I felt I needed to liberate myself and stop being silly when I went for a doctor’s visit.  


Earlier in the week, I really wanted to try to be under 200 pounds thus taking the shoes off.  I was 201.4 at my WW meeting with my shoes on and 201.6 at the doctor’s office without my shoes on.  This also included two days of eating out in between.  I was very happy with the results, and so was my doctor.  According to my records, I was down 6 pounds from my last visit to the doctor.  That makes me really proud.


Before going to visit the doctor, I started looking back at my weigh-ins during the month of December.  2020 has brought a lot of challenges but the one positive it brought was my weight was finally close to or less than what I weighed back in 2015 and now, I am even close to what I weighed in 2014.  That makes me so happy.  And yes...the numbers don't lie.  I gained 18 pounds from December 2014 to December 2015.






Since mid-2016 was the year I reach my all-time highest re-gain weight.




Seeing the anything similar to 2014 and earlier makes me feel really great.  Now, I strive to get close to those numbers of 2013 and later.





From 2016 to 2020, I have seen continuous losses each year.  I typically swing 10 pounds up/down through the year around March and also in the summer months.  This is partly due to social situations and travel.  By December, it all comes back down again.  








Eventually I might actually get my act together and maintain during the summer vs. gain/re-lose.  However, I love my life and I don’t plan to give up my social events and travel.  If 2020 taught me anything, it taught me that life is too short to spend it stuck indoors fearful of a Global Pandemic!


Go out and live your life at whatever size you are now.  Don't wait until you are thinner, in better shape, have more money, etc.  Keep working on those goals.  Slow and Steady still wins the race!




No comments: