12/13/20

The Latest In Meals

 I branched out on some of my meals plans this week and I’ve been enjoying every bite.


Split Pea Soup

I had a hankering for pea soup after seeing a post on Instagram.  I developed my own recipe that is just 1 point per serving.  I added a little too much water and ended up adding more peas.  I’ve also started cooking it in the Instant Pot vs. the crockpot for a quick and easy meal any night of the week.


Chipotle Chicken Rice Bowls

I love anything the involves rice and a rice bowl is so easy and portable for a workday.  I love this recipe for chipotle chicken, although I never add a full pepper.  Instead, I just add some sauce or it is way too spicy.  You can add anything you like to your bowl and I kept mine easy with just some canned black beans, frozen corn, and topped with sour cream after re-heating it at work.


Turkey and Noodles

My parents dropped off some turkey and noodles they made with the leftover turkey.  My parents are great cooks so I have been enjoying every bite.  I made some Stovetop stuffing to add in after re-heating for an extra bit of deliciousness.  It is also good served over mashed potatoes.


Pizza Pasta

I make a pizza pasta as a cold salad that I usually dress with Italian dressing when I am ready to eat.  I love a pasta salad and this make it so easy for any workday.  Since we purchased some Alfredo sauce, I thought I’d throw in 1/8 cup of that instead and heat it up in the microwave.  It spices thinks up just a bit and made it just as enjoyable.


Omelette and Frozen Potatoes

I have been on a breakfast omelette kick lately since finally finding some of the Velveta slices of cheese.  They are just one point and so melty and cheesy.  When I got Kenyon some white bread for his upset stomach last week, I enjoyed a grilled cheese sandwich.  All I needed was some tomato soup to dip it in!  I’ll have to add that to the menu plan next week.


Built Bars

I have been enjoying Built Bars for a low point dessert during my work week.  When I have a low point day, I tend to have extra points left over.  Thus, plenty of room for a Built Bar in my day.  While I do enjoy the White Chocolate Cookies & Cream, the Lemon Almond Cheesecake is also very good.  I am loving why new purchases.


No comments: