12/23/20

Weekly WI: The Final Stretch

 As I was driving to my WW Studio yesterday, I was really hoping that this would be the week I would dip back into Onderland.  I was so close…200.6.



While I really, really, really wanted it this week, I know not reaching that goal just yet will keep me on track and accountable this week.  It stresses me out a little bit but it also challenges me.  If I had see 199.8 on the scale, I know I would have celebrated a little too much and shot back into the 200s the following week.  So, instead of celebrating, we continue to stay the course.




I have some social events on the calendar and am working to balance it all.  After my in-person workshop, I met Phoenix, her kids, and her boyfriend Stacey for a bite to eat and a beer.  We had planned to go bowling at Big Al’s with their $2/game promo.  Well, so did everybody else as it was a 1.5-2 hour wait.  We snagged a spot in the restaurant and had a nice visit while the kids played video games.  Plus, it was $2 beer night.  The beer wasn’t anything spectacular but it was also cheap in point value which is a win in my book.


It was an early bedtime because I don’t get much sleep on Tuesdays.  I am now awake at 3:30am as I type this blog post and I’ve been up since about 1am after a few hour nap.  I will get back to bed once The Hubs is up for his workday.  On the agenda today is exercise and then a meet-up with Phoenix and Stacey again to check out a new brewery.  


I’ve already pre-tracked a beer flight.  Cheers to friends and navigating this different type of holiday season.

No comments: