12/16/20

Weekly WI: JOMO

 This last week just flew by.  I can’t believe how fast the end of the year is going.  Before we know it, 20201 will have arrived.


Despite feeling a lot of bloat yesterday, and a lot of nervousness of the scale, I had a nice size loss.





A WW Friend last week said, “maybe the WOOSH is coming” and that it did.  Seeing this loss really helps me get closer to my Onederland Goal.  If I can lose 0.8 the next two weeks, I will be there by the end of the year.





Our Workshop Technique this week is about JOMO, Joy Of Missing Out.  We often get bummed out when we feel like we have to stay NO to something we really want.  This is usually referred to as FOFO, Fear Of Missing Out.  But, if we shift our thinking, saying NO doesn’t have to be negative.  It can also be positive.





Saying NO to something means you are simply saying YES to something more positive such as helping to reach a goal, earning a blue dot, staying committed to tracking or your WW Program, etc.  


I don’t know if I share my Crumbl Cookie story from a few weeks ago and this is what comes to mind when I think of a recent time I have said NO.  I bought cookies for my work group to celebrate National Cookie Day.  I didn’t order a cookie for myself.  I thought about it, I had some points left, but I didn’t really want to spend them on part of a cookie.  On top of that, part of cookie sometimes opens the door for eating more than planned because cookies are delicious.  I really wanted to earn my blue dot and I had pre-planned by bringing a Built Bar so I could have a treat too.  


Saying NO was not a punishment.  It was a reward for working hard on my weight loss progress.


In hindsight, I am double glad I didn’t order a cookie because the cookie order took so long to pick up (over an hour) that I was so mad and could have absolutely eating more than just a small amount of the cookie.  Saying NO was twice as nice in that case.


The next time you feel like saying NO is a punishment, re-frame your mindset and ask yourself WHY you want to say NO and WHAT you will accomplishment if you do.  That is the JOMO.




No comments: