4/4/13

Oven Roasted Sausages, Potatoes, Peppers, and Onions


A friend of mine on Facebook posted a recipe for Oven Roasted Sausages,Potatoes, Peppers, and Onions.

Oh my, it is delicious!  And, this whole pan was just one serving!!!
 
 

I actually sort of just do my own thing and make this into just one big serving for myself.  Tonight’s version, however, was VERY spicy.  I think I got the wrong kind of banana peppers/pepperonis.  It wasn’t spicy the first time I made this so I think I mixed them up.

My single serving is just 9 PPVs.  The PPVs would depend on the type of sausage you use and the size of the potatoes.  In my dish I used 112 grams of turkey smoked sausage (5 PPVs), a very small sized Yukon gold potato (2 PPVs), several of the small sized bell peppers cut in rings, a few thin slices of an onion, quite a few pepperonis (last time I know I used banana peppers), and 2 tsp olive oil (2 PPVs).

The actual recipe and directions are in the link above.

I chopped up my potatoes and sausage in small chunks and added the cut bell peppers, onion, and olive oil to a bowl and mixed it well.  I sprayed a metal 9x13 pan and poured it all in.  I then added the banana peppers/pepperonis on top.

Baked at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, stir, and then bake another 15 minutes.

It was deeeelicious…assuming you don’t get really spicy pepperonis.

No comments: