4/25/13

Rough Few Weeks


I had a rough two weeks.

I tried to stay positive.  Most days it really isn’t even that tough.  I am just a generally positive person.



Normally my day-to-day maintenance program runs pretty smoothly.  By now I have been doing this long enough that I have built new habits in place.  Getting in my activity isn’t a struggle nor is packing my food for work.  However, these last two weeks have just felt tough.  I think the good majority of how I was feeling was because we were getting ready to change shifts at work.  I was rotating from graveyard to day shift and I was just ready for that change.

It felt as if suddenly I just didn’t have the energy to exercise.  I was tired a lot.  My meals seemed to bore me and I was really getting tired of veggies.  My tracking wasn’t as accurate it had been and I even went three days without even writing anything down.  I had blogged about my inner toddler wanting out and boy was it on the warpath!  I just couldn’t seem to shake the funk I was in and I just seemed to care less and less as the weeks went on.  I knew what I was doing.  I could see myself making these poor food decisions and yet not doing anything to stop myself.

You see, even after you get to your WW goal, you will struggle.  Even after you work your maintenance plan for a while, you will struggle.  Some days are easy and laid back.  Others can feel tough.  What matters is how you push past it all and continue to focus (or re-focus as is the theme for me this week) on what matters most!



I knew that getting back to my Tuesday meeting and my favorite leader Donna would re-energize me.  I was telling myself to just hang on until Tuesday.  As I pulled into the parking lot of my meeting location tears came to my eyes.  I felt like I was home again.  My connection to my WW meetings, my WW leaders, and my WW members is priceless.  My meetings are what kept me focused during my weight loss journey and what continues to keep me focused through my maintenance journey.  The people I have met are so supportive.  Even those I have not met (yet, I hope) on the WW message boards are so supportive.  When nobody understands what I am struggling with, my WW friends do.  When nobody understands why the scale still causes me panic, my WW friends do.  I need my meeting each week and as suspected I feel re-focused this week already.

Life isn’t all sunshine and roses now that I have made it to my goal weight and have worked every day to stay there for the last four years.  I chose to see the positive, work to gain new perspective, and above all never give up.  I believe in the power of positive thinking.  Sure, it slipped away from me for a few weeks and it is only a matter of time until it happens again.  I have been tested several times.  I even gained a little bit of weight in the process.  I am happy to be back on track with new focus and drive and I plan to ride this train as far as it will take me.

No comments: