4/21/13

My Inner Toddler Wants Out





It seems like it was not too long ago that I posted about feeling reckless.  I am really feeling that way again.

Being a woman isn’t easy.  We have HORMONES!  And those hormones do odd stuff to us, particularly once a month!  I was really feeing bloated this last week and just irritated and uncomfortable in general.  I also had not started my week out with my usual routine as I was traveling for work.  We had a potluck later in the week which also disrupted my usual routine further.

I feel I can adapt well and after four years as a LT member, I also can navigate a potluck and eating out pretty easily.  This week it is just not all falling into place.  I am tired.  My foot/heal hurts from my planter’s facetious and I just don’t feel like exercising.  On the drive home from work one night I thought about Reeses peanut butter cups.  Once the idea is rooted I just can’t get rid of it.  I wanted frozen yogurt with Reeses peanut butter cups! 

I went home first and made a sensible dinner.  That is a the first positive.  I still wanted frozen yogurt and I actually had to get into my car and drive to the yogurt shop to get it but that is what I wanted to do.  My whole drive there I kept telling myself “I don’t need to be doing this.”  I didn’t need frozen yogurt, I just wanted it!  I loaded up my yogurt cup (they had the yummy no-sugar-added variety I like, another positive) and added some Reeses cups and coconut.  I also decided I would take it back home to enjoy it fully and not just scarf it down on the ride home, my third positive.

I guess my inner toddler (thanks Virginia for the great descriptive word) was satisfied and taken care of.  The bloat feels better today.  I suspect after I fully adjust to my new day shift schedule at work I will also be re-focused and continue to power through.  I also suspect that my WW meeting this week will also help me re-focus.  I get to head back to my favorite meeting with my favorite leader again now that I am on day shift at work.
 
 

No comments: