2/26/14

Good Eats


I had another really successful week of food/eating.  Splitting my WPPAs up into seven a day has been really nice.  I’m not sure I enjoyed as many splurges with it as I knew I had some eating out planned on Sunday that I would need some WPPAs for.

I had pita bread to use up so we made philly cheese steaks.  This is a WW recipe out of an old cookbook I have at home.  I have to say though I really like it best served on a baguette roll.

My usual apple pancake which is one of my favorites!  I love the caramelized brown sugar when cooking.


More pita bread!  I was going to make a sandwich with leftover turkey and ham along with some apple slices.  I realized I had left over sauce from when we made homemade pita pizzas so I made a hot pizza pocket sandwich.  I used my George Foreman for the grilling.  Served with carrots on the side.






Turkey tenderloin served with mixed steamed veggies and green beans.


Oatmeal with drizzly peanut butter, the only way to serve it!


I was super busy Thursday last week and knew I might not get home for lunch.  I didn’t need to be spending money or PPVs to eat out so I packed some food to go.  I had a cut up chicken patty, carrots and dip, grapes, and yogurt with peaches.  I also packed some water and a Coke Zero.  It worked out really well.


In my rush to get out the door to my friend’s daughter’s 2nd grade play, I only had enough time to warm some leftovers and throw them all into the same Tupperware dish.  I took this on the road.  It was leftover turkey tenderloin.  Don’t worry, I also grabbed dessert!  One of my Valentine’s Day cake pop treats.


Bacon wrapped pork chop, roasted asparagus, and baked beans.  I love bacon wrapped pork chops!  And they are so easy.  I take a thin chop and trim off any visible fat.  I wrap it in two slices of bacon, I liked the pre-cooked Kirkland bacon, then grill in the George Forman.

This is a baked spaghetti squash casserole.  I never liked spaghetti but I liked baked spaghetti.  So I started making it with spaghetti squash.  Roast your squash at 400 degrees for about 25-30 minutes then scrape out the insides.  Mix it with all sorts of veggies and cooked beef or turkey if you wish.  Add a sauce and some cheese and then bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.  This time I used a homemade sauce with just tomato sauce and it wasn’t as good as jarred pasta sauce.


Open faced omelet!  I made an omelet and just flipped it over in the pan when it needed to be flipped.  I then decided to just add my cheese and eat it open faced.  I really liked adding a slice of apple on top with my bites.  Sharp white cheddar and apple goes very well together!


Okay…now my meals out!!!
I love Cracker Barrel and Thursday is their turkey dinner night.  I was switching to night shift so this was my last opportunity for turkey dinner.  I convinced Kenyon to meet me there after he got off work.  I always get the mashed potatoes and usually the carrots.  I’ve been eating a lot of carrots lately so I went for green beans.  It also comes with cornbread dressing. 

My plan is to always eat half the potatoes and dressing to reduce the PPVs.  Oh, and I drink a lot of coffee!  I love their coffee.


Fruit on the go in the car.  I stopped in to Fred Meyer to pick up my prescription and fruit sounded yummy.  I paid a pretty penny for these but man they were good!





I was feeling the veggie void on Monday after a less-than-nutritious day on Sunday.  I talked Kenyon into going to SouperSalad.  Today they had butter bean soup.


The pizza wasn’t good so I ditched it after one bite.  Here is take two of my plate, which is now upside down!


I went back for a tiny taste of the chicken enchilada soup.  They have some really good soups.


Since I didn’t use any extra WPPAs for frozen yogurt on Sunday I used some on Monday for ice cream at SouperSalad.  I added in some oreo crumbles and a drizzle of caramel, mixed it all together, then put it into a cone.  Their ice cream is REALLY soft.  It was a nice change to just their normal ice cream cone!


Okay….drinks!!
At work I sometimes get bored with tea and coffee.  I went in search of something else warm to drink.  I found this Maxwell House mix.  It isn’t as sweet as I would like so I add a packet of Stevia.  It is pretty good though.
In the same day I was at two different coffee shops.  I forgot to snap a photo of the breakfast sandwich I had at the first one.  It was good but the service was terrible.  Then a few hours later I was downtown and needed to kill a little time so I popped into Flying M for a decaf Americano.

Don’t worry, I didn’t indulge in the yummy pastries and desserts but I might have drooled a little.


My friend Jamie gave me some free Jamba Juice coupons for my birthday.  This time I had the light Aloha Pineapple and it wasn’t good.  I think I’ll stick to the light Mango.  I already know it is good.


Margarita at Ladies Happy Hour.


Be still my heart!  My true love!!!



Whenever I see people drinking wine, I immediately want wine.  Wine drinking happens A LOT while watching The Bachelor so I opened up a bottle of wine.  I am having a party next week so I needed to open a bottle of wine anyway.  Yes, we will go with that excuse.



Don’t worry!  I balanced out my wine with water.

The temps have gotten into the 50s so it is allllllmost iced coffee time again!

I love Easter time and sweet tarts! 


They shrunk the size of my candy!  Sure you get more now for your PPVs but I liked the size of the bigger ones better.  I only eat the purple and orange ones so it is sort of wasteful.

No comments: