2/23/14

I've Been Lied To


I realized something these last three weeks.

I’ve been lied to.

Or more importantly…

I’ve been lying to myself.

These last three weeks I didn’t eat over my points and not once was I in the negative.  I stuck within my DPA of 30 and my WPPA of 49.  I used my APs on Tuesdays when I was out of all my other points.  Never did I eat any points that I didn’t actually have in my “points bank.”

In other words, I have not bounced a WW PPV check in three weeks.

And guess what?  I have lost 3.4 pounds.  I wonder…..

When we got home from Hawaii my weight was at an all time high.  I was also super uncomfortable on the flight home and for most of our vacation.  I have not weighed this much since my maintenance journey began almost five years ago.  I also have been paying to attend my weekly meetings each week since October.  I have almost surpassed the five month timeframe I had to pay for being over goal in 2011.  However, in 2011 I was just barely over goal by two pounds.  This time I am over goal by like ten pounds!

I refuse to focus on the actual number, the amount of pounds I still have to lose, or “where I used to be.”  I only want to focus on the now.  One day at a time.  Pre-plan and pre-track so that I stay accountable to my WW program, to myself, and that I am not miserable and deprived.  I only want to focus on continued losses and collect a star when I have lost a total of five pounds.  With 3.4 pounds lost so far, I’m getting closer…

I also want to focus on my exercise and keeping up with earning my APs.  I have not eaten many of my APs the last two weeks after talking with my WW leader about changing things up.  I am creating a deficit that is helping my weight loss.  Getting in that activity is important because without it I will have to cut back on my food and I’m not ready to do that.

You can see what I have been eating here and here and what I have been doing for activity here and here.

I am done lying to myself.  I am done being lax.  I like being in control.  I like the feeling of patting myself on the back and telling myself “good job.”  I have the desire to get back to my goal range and no longer have to pay for my WW meetings.  I have a desire to help my pants fit better.  I have desire to get this muffin top to shrink. 

Not only do I have the desire but I also have the fire lit under me again and it is awesome!

No comments: