2/17/14

Valentine Treats...YUM!


Just before our meeting ended last week my leader said, “It’s Valentine’s Day this week.  Does anybody have a strategy in place?  Is anybody going to get candy?”  I said, “No, but I wish I would!”  Then everybody laughed at me!

When you are a WW member people don’t usually give you candy.  Although I am a WW member, I still like candy!  My usual request for Valentine’s Day, our anniversary, and my birthday is flowers.  Despite one Valentine’s Day where no flowers came, Kenyon does a great job.  I got my flowers on Tuesday so I’ve enjoyed them all week long.

While I might not be given candy on Valentine’s Day that doesn’t mean I can’t take matters into my own hands.  My coworker’s church organization offers Valentine’s Day treats for purchase each year.  In past years I have ordered some chocolate dipped strawberries.  This year I decided to also order some cake pops and chocolate covered pretzels.





I have a system for counting the PPVs on my treats.  I try to break it down and compare the amount of chocolate on the item to that of a square of Hershey’s, Dove or something similar type of chocolate that is 1 PPV value.  Obviously the strawberries are 0 PPV so I just have to count the chocolate.  Usually I will count 2 PPV per strawberry unless it looks like there is a lot more chocolate.



I ended up freezing some strawberries to help them last longer and to slow me down!  Don't worry, I also shared with my coworkers.


The few times I have made cake balls at home I count them at 2 PPVs.  Cake balls/pops are often made with cake and frosting and then dipped in chocolate.  Depending on the amount of chocolate I would count one cake ball/pop as 2 or 3 PPVs.  I haven't tried a cake pop yet so I'm not sure what all is inside.

The chocolate covered pretzels are a little harder to count.  I would have counted these as 2 PPVs, again depending on the amount of chocolate.  However, some of these also have caramel and cookie/candy bits.  So I counted these as 4 PPV each.  I also took off some of the candy pieces of the first one I ate as it was really super sweet.


I have no doubt that I often undercount my PPVs.  In WW they teach you to always estimate on the high side when you don’t know the PPVs.  I seem to want to eat more so I am not very good at high estimations.

Regardless of what the PPVs are, these treats were delicious!  Although I shared some with my coworkers, I have enough treats to last me several days where I will savor them slowly.

No comments: