2/7/14

Weekly WI

WI this week went well.  Despite my really great efforts in watching what I ate and getting a lot of use out of my FitBit, I doubted a loss.  Thankfully my efforts paid off with loss of 0.8 pounds.
 
Actual weight was 188.6
My feet have been hurting me.  It started while in Hawaii and has not gotten better.  I already have planters factitious in my left food and now I am feeling it in my right foot.  I knew I needed new tennis shoes and I couldn’t put that off any longer.  I bought two new pairs, one for exercise and one for everyday wear.  So far my feet feel better but if the pain doesn’t subside soon I’ll have to get back to the foot doctor.
My food last week was really good.  I made a lot of healthy food decisions but I still also enjoyed some treats.
Kenyon and I have slightly different work schedules and days off.  We enjoy eating out on our days off and by Sunday I was really tired of eating leftovers.  I suggested we switch our eating out plans on Tuesday to Sunday and use the $20 Outback Steakhouse gift card burning a hole in our pockets.  It can be difficult to eat out before WI because I worry about the sodium and “messing up my hard work” with just one meal.  However, I also don’t want to be a slave to the scale.
Kenyon is eating low carb these days and we are really working hard to keep each other on track.  I had looked up the PPVs ahead of time so I had my game plan all ready to go.  We requested the waitress keep the bread.  If you don’t have it, it can’t temp you!  I knew I was ordering the sirloin steak (7PPVS), garlic mashed potatoes (8PPVS), and steamed veggies.  My plan was to eat half the mashed potatoes (4PPVs) and have some bread and butter (4PPVs).  Since we skipped the bread I had 4 PPVs extra to use.  I then thought I would eat all my mashed potatoes…I love their garlic mashed potatoes.
I enjoyed my meal slowly and though about using my extra 4PPVs for frozen yogurt instead.  I do love the mashed potatoes but frozen yogurt sounded yummy as well.  I went to USwirl and had a reasonable sized portion of two kinds of yogurt and only fruit (not the picture above…I have had yogurt a few times recently).  IAlthough I wanted Reese's topping I stuck to fruit and I was really happy with my food choices!
We ended up eating out Monday and Tuesday.  It doesn’t take much to encourage me to eat out!!!  Again, it was hard to eat out on Monday since my WI is Tuesday morning.  We went to Golden Corral and I have to say having WI on the brain really made me focus and not over indulging.  I had another successful meal under my belt!
I thought we might skip eating out on Tuesday since we had planned meatloaf for dinner and Kenyon already had his “splurge meal”.  We made a pact to keep each other on track all week and then have one day where we can enjoy something yummy.  I used to do this through my entire weight loss journey.  But let me tell you, sometimes it would get pretty out of control!  All I could think about on Tuesday was eating out.  It was almost as if I felt jipped for not eating out even though I had eating out the last two days and had no reason to feel that way.
We went to Texas Roadhouse, shifting our previous planned meatloaf meal to Wednesday.  Kenyon was counting his breaded catfish as his “splurge meal” so we told the waitress to not deliver any rolls.  I have to say, being after WI if we had gotten rolls I would have tore into them!  So I am glad we didn’t get any.  The waitress complimented us on our willpower then asked if we wanted a bloomin' onion.  Hahahaha. No thanks! I ordered the Early Bird pork chop meal and went for double order of veggies.  Mashed potatoes were tempting but I just didn’t want to spend so many extra PPVs on them.  So veggies it was.
I think I’ll blog more about my food, and what goes through my head at meal times, after I collect a few more photos.  I am feeling really good about being in control.  I really hope my efforts will pay off.  I am also working on my activity.  My days of high intensity activity are gone but I am still hoping to make a dent with what I can do.

No comments: