2/19/14

This Week In Fitness


It was another successful week on the activity side of maintenance.  I even got in a day of double activity!!  I earned 20 APs total this week and my FitBit says I walked 62,077 steps and 27.96 miles.   Very nice!


Wednesday: Group Active at YMCA

I decided to try out my old go-to class at the Y.  I have not been back to Group Active since I hurt my back in August.  It has been a very long time!  I wanted to see how my back would tolerate the movements.  Group Active is a 60 minute class broken up into 20 minutes on the step, 20 minutes lifting weights, and 20 minutes doing balance and strength.  I went really easy and kept the step on the lowest level.  I also lifted 5 pounds weights vs. my usual 8 pounds.  I had to rest a few times during the moves with the weights and with the balance track.  My back held up okay but I was not pain free.  I was pretty sore the next day.  Thankfully it subsided after a day or so.


I walked the track and did some PT moves before my class started.  4 APs earned.


Thursday: Outdoor 2 mile walk

I got called into work just before 6am.  My plan was to go to the Y for some time on the elliptical later in the day.  Since I had not planned to go into work I didn’t get up early for exercise.  I went out for a quick 2 mile walk outside after work.  3 APs earned.


Friday: 2 miles on the treadmill and some time at the YMCA

I started my morning out at 3:30am with 2 miles on the treadmill.  After work I went to the Y and did 25 minutes on the elliptical, a little bit on the bike, and walked the track.  I also did a few PT moves.  I wasn't feeling my exercise after work so it was a bit of a struggle. 6 APs earned total.



Saturday: 3 miles on the treadmill

I had extra time this morning since I didn’t have to be to work until 7am.  I walked three miles on the treadmill in about an hour.  4 APs earned.



Sunday:

I have been really tired on Saturdays that I’m about to fall asleep in my dinner!  I had decided Saturday night I would sleep in on Sunday and skip my morning workout.  I wasn’t really even sure if I’d get in any activity or just have a rest day.  It was decided that this would be a rest day!  I just couldn't muster up the energy to exercise.


Monday:


I was happy for my rest day on Sunday so I powered through and woke up at 3:30am to hit up the treadmill.  I walked 2.5 miles and earned 3APs.

No comments: