2/25/14

Moving And Shaking

It was another great week on the exercise front. I was sort of down to the wire getting in my 20 APs, however, my days off switched this week so I had Sunday and Monday available to get in some good activity.

FitBit totals for the week: 61,311 steps and 28.18 miles. I earned a total of 20 APs.

Wednesday: Zumba class at the YMCA and some walking after
I met my friend Phoenix at the Y and we decided to take the Zumba class. It wasn't the full version Zumba. This class used a chair to do some strength and core work in addition to some dance moves. I am not a big fan of Zumba but this class was semi-okay. Since my work schedule just changed I won't be going back right now but maybe a future option. 4 APs earned.

Thursday: Elliptical at the YMCA
Today Show and Olympic coverage kept me entertained on the elliptical. The upstairs locker room/bathroom is currently under remodel. I drank waaaaay too much coffee before going to workout so it made for several trips up and down the stairs! 4 APs earned.  






Friday: 3:30am treadmill time
My last day waking up at 3:30am for some exercise for a few weeks. 3 APs earned. I went to my friend's daughter's 2nd grade school play this evening. It was Romeo and Juliet but instead it took place in Idaho were the Farming Capulets and the Mining Montegues were fighting over water rights. It was pretty cute and instead of Shakespeare's usual tradgic ending this one ended on a happy note.





Saturday: Rest Day
I knew I wasn't getting up early to walk the treadmill before work but I wasn't 100% sure if this would turn into a rest day. I knew with Sunday and Monday off work I would be able to get some activity in. I was pretty tired after work so I took a day off.

Sunday: 3 mile walk outside
I got my heart rate pumping on my three mile walk outside. It was a little too ealry for sunshine as the sun was just beginning to rise as I got back home. My mile two walking pace was 14:42 and mile three was 14:45. 5 APs earned.




Monday: 3.5 mile walk outside
We had beautiful warm weather on Monday so I ventured out for another walk. We are still surrounded by construction so it is limiting the direction I can walk. I set out on foot to find a path around the construction and ended up finding a whole bunch of neighborhoods to walk through. I look forward to exploring more! I think I have figured out how to get to a new park nearby and also the new shopping center. I'm going to test it out the next time I get out for a walk. I also saw the cutest Girl Scout cookie advertising along my walking route. 4 APs earned.









Tuesday: Rest day
Today will be a rest day. I start swing shift tonight (4pm to 2am) and I have my WW meeting at 9am. I'll probably catch a nap sometime today before work.


No comments: